Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scenes from the Desert

When I drove out of our little gated community on Monday, I saw this:


It seems that our pounding of rain left us with some snow on the mountains.  I knew there were more pictures to be had, so I drove a couple short miles up the road to the Tonto National Forest to see if I could get a better view from there.

I was able to get a great up-close shot of Red Mountain, which I also see when I pull out of our drive, and some pretty foliage.


 

I really like the vintage look of this one...


...and the "old west" look of this shot here:


But, it still wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted to see those beautiful snowy mountains, so I drove on up the road a bit.


It was at this point in my journey that I began to think that The Eagles were sounding an awful lot like Hootie and the Blowfish.  About 60 seconds later I realized that my Eagles CD had changed to my Hootie and the Blowfish CD and suddenly my world made sense again.  In the midst of this, I found the shot I was looking for:


There's something really beautiful about the contrast between the desert and the snow-capped mountains.

Up close, things are even prettier: 


And for my wonderful Grandmother, who says that I do not blog enough pictures of myself, this one is for you:


3 comments:

Adolescent Family said...

Be careful! There are snakes and spiders out there in the wild!

Chandra said...

the vintage and old west, are those filters or did you edit them? great photos, keep it up!

Amy said...

Hey Chandra!

I wish I had thought to use a filter!! Some of the pics were *victims* of photoshop after the fact. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails