Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Universal Symbol for "Go to Bed"


Brett was out of town interviewing for some jobs in the Phoenix area this week. I confess that I have a very difficult time sleeping when I am home by myself. I blow every single noise that I hear way out of proportion and convince myself that some sort of intruder is trying to break into my house, or that the ghosts and goblins are up to no good in the basement. You know, the usual stuff. Naturally, this leads to me staying up way too late watching television.

I can remember my mom telling me about how when she was a kid they would play the national anthem after the day's programming had ended, and that was when she knew it was definitely time to go to bed. The other night I stayed up so late that I got the multi-colored bars and that horrible high-pitched beeping sound (anybody else in favor of them playing some nice classical music instead?). Anyway, I took that as my signal that it was definitely time for me to go to bed.

Needless to say I am glad that Brett has returned home so that I can resume my normal sleeping schedule. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails